Prairie Point Nature Store
The Prairie Point Nature Store located in the Visitor Center, is managed and staffed by the Friends organization. All proceeds from the bookstore support the many vital projects and events at the refuge.
Visit often to see the wide variety of books – many titles often not seen in larger bookstores. There is a vast array of children’s books, non-fiction works and field guides. Enjoy shopping for the perfect gift for you and nature lovers of all ages. You will find unique educational toys, apparel, art and photographs of the refuge from local artists, in addition to many new specialty items.
The Federal Duck Stamp and Junior Duck Stamps are also available each year.
- Opticron binoculars and scopes
- Hiking sticks from Whistle Creek
- Pottery made by Iowa artist, Connie Braunschweig
- Penny Press machine featuring four different designs.
- Sparky the Bison t-shirts with a fun graphic designed by Ray Gun
- Pathfinders Wildlife Pendants by Touchstone Pottery
- Stoneware mugs and other items handmade by Sunset Hill Stoneware
- Enameled pin & hiking stick medallion, coordinating magnet and decals from Eagle River Designs
If you would like to volunteer at the store, please contact Nancy Corona (email@example.com) for more information.
The Prairie Point Nature Store is open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Sundays from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Unframed - Maynard Reese||Price|
|The Family-Canada Geese||$125.00|
|Madison County Bridge||$125.00|
|Framed- Maynard Reece||Price|
|Dark Sky-Snow Geese||$250.00|
|Upland Series 4- Grouse||$175.00|
|Dark Sky-Ruffed Grouse||$250.00|
|Lab with Mallard||$200.00|
|Seasons End-Pheasants Forever||$50.00|
|Spring Passage-Pheasants Forever||$50.00|
|Back Forty Mallards-Anderson||$150.00|
|Bald Eagle-Roger Tory Peterson||$250.00|