What we provide to our volunteers:
- Orientation and training for every task
- Any required equipment, materials or supplies
- Volunteer uniform items, if the job requires you to be identifiable to the public
Benefits of volunteering at Neal Smith NWR:
- Being part of a group that values wildlife and the habitats in which they live
- Meeting new people with similar interests
- Having fun at social events
- Giving something back to the community
- Recognition in the form of clothing, awards, banquet, etc.
Who are our volunteers? Why do they volunteer at Neal Smith NWR?
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, include every age from children to seniors, and bring a wide variety of skills and life experience to projects on the Refuge. There is something for everyone here. There are many different reasons people volunteer, whether it’s for career experience, love of wildlife and nature, or getting out of their daily routine.
How to Volunteer:
Contact the Refuge Volunteer Coordinator, Nancy Corona, by phone at 515-994-3400 or by email at email@example.com. She will provide you with an application and discuss the volunteer projects you may be interested in with you.